PRIVACY AND COOKIES DECLARATION
This Privacy and Cookie Statement applies to Sony Pictures Entertainment (a division of Sony Corporation) Web Sites and Online Features ("Content") that are linked to this Privacy and Cookie Statement ("Statement"). In this statement we refer to Sony Pictures Entertainment companies as "SPE" or "we", "us" and "our" . You can also learn more about cookies and similar technology that we use in this statement.
Here you can reach our external data protection officer: E-Mail: email@example.com ; Phone: 089/51 30 569-7, FAX: -8
- We use personal information to enable you to use the features embedded in the Content, to process your registration, and to provide you with on-demand content associated with our films and other offers. If you want to know more, click here .
- If you give us permission, we will send you news and promotional material about SPE. You can always change your mind and ask us not to process your personal information for direct marketing purposes, including direct marketing profiling. This statement also explains when we process personal information for our legitimate interests. You can ask us to stop processing this data. Click here if you want to know more about our legitimate interests, your rights and how you can exercise them.
- We offer interactive features that engage social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. If you use these features, these sites will send us personally identifiable information about you. If you want to know more, click here .
- Most of our content is not intended for children. We can ask you how old you are before you can sign up for newsletters or use our content. If you want to know more, click here .
- When you purchase something from one of our websites or apps, we use your personal information to complete your order. We will share your personal information with third parties who partner with us to process your payment and perform some other aspects of the fulfillment of the contract. If you want to know more, click here .
- We publish your personal information when you post user-generated content through our websites or apps. We will share personal information if you agree that we may share information with our business partners or other affiliates of Sony Corporation. We also share information with third parties whom we commission to process data for our account, or when such sharing is required by law or under certain circumstances. If you want to know more, click here .
- We transfer your personal information to the United States. We use standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission to protect your personal information. If you want to know more, click here .
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the personal data collected via our content:
- To fulfill an order or take action in connection with an order;
- To process your registration on a website or app or participate in a contest, sweepstake or contest
- To send you information about changes to our terms or business principles
- To process your payment and execute your order
- If necessary for purposes that are in our or other legitimate interests. These interests are:
- To give you access to content and features in the Sites and Apps
- To send you the information requested by you
- Ensure the operational security of our websites and apps by attempting to prevent unauthorized or malicious activity
- Content, advertising and offers tailored to you.
- Where you give us your consent:
- Where you request us to send you advertising through a medium for which we need your consent (for example, e-mail advertising)
- Where you give us your consent to cookies and the use of similar technologies
- On other occasions when we request your consent for a purpose that we explain to you at that time.
- For legal purposes:
We retain personal information only as long as we deem necessary for the purposes described above.
- To fulfill an order or take action in connection with an order;
- INFORMATION WE GET FROM THIRD PARTIES
Sometimes we receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you log in to a website or app that uses Facebook Connect, you will be asked if you would like to share information from your Facebook account with us. If you participate in a game or other feature where your score is posted on a social media content, or if you use a "Like" or "Share" button on any feature on our websites or apps, then you become the third party share the information with us.
If you participate in any activity on non-SPE sites or apps, such as in a Facebook application, you may allow us access to personally identifiable information held by Facebook or the owners of other sites or apps.
We will also receive personal information about you if individuals give us access to their profile or similar features on non-SPE sites or apps and you are one of their "affiliates".
Our content sometimes has 'Send to a friend' features. Users can ask us to send functions to their friends using this 'Send to a Friend' feature. If a friend asks us to send you a function, we will process your contact details (eg e-mail address). The contact details are only used to send you the function, and we do not keep the contact details. If you want to use this function, you should only give us your friend's contact details if you know that he would like to hear from us. Your friend will know that you have given us his contact details.
If we provide online services to a child for whom we need parental consent, we may ask for a parent's e-mail address so that we can seek their consent.
- COOKIES AND SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
With cookies and similar tracking technologies, we can detect you when you visit a website or app or open an email - they perform many different tasks, such as efficiently navigating from page to page, remembering your preferences, and generally taking care of everything making your Internet visit more enjoyable.
We use tracking technologies for three purposes:
- To provide you with the service you demand: to keep you logged in during your visit and to ensure the security of the content.
- For example, to show you advertisements that are more in line with your interests: for example, with your permission, we use tracking technologies to remind us of content that interests you, to show you more interesting advertising, even if you are on another Website are. Tracking technologies limit the number of times you see a particular ad, measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns, and on our part, and on the part of others, determine if your ad has been properly displayed so that we can pay for it. We also allow other companies to use tracking technologies for these promotional purposes as well.
- To analyze your visit and make it more enjoyable: to analyze which content is most in demand and which is most frequently viewed on our websites and our emails (where you have chosen to receive emails from us) Content is the least viewed, and to collect general information about the users of the content (such as age, gender and areas of interest). We also check the content for bugs and glitches and remember the choices you made, such as your language or region, to improve your experience with the browser and customize it. For this purpose, we use the analysis services of Adobe and Google, if you do not wish us to use information about your visits in this way, click herefor Adobe and here for Google to refuse consent to their services.
Manage tracking technologies
If you use our content through a browser, you can change your cookie preferences and revoke your consent at any time by using the Cookie Consent Tool.
- See the Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers for instructions on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to delete old cookies, how to set your browser to notify you when you log in receive a new cookie and how you can disable cookies altogether
- Can you refuse consent to analysis services as described above?
We use Flash cookies to provide some content such as video clips or animation. Flash cookies are managed by the Flash Player Settings Manager, which is a different interface than the one offered by your web browser. This Settings Manager lets you manage global privacy, storage, security, and auto-notification settings. Starting with Flash Player 10.3, the Flash Player Settings Manager can be accessed locally on your computer: in Control Panel on Windows and System Preferences on Mac. Users of other operating systems and legacy Flash player versions should manage their global privacy settings using the Flash Player Settings Manager, which Adobe provides online:http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager06.html
PS4, Apple iOS and Android devices
When you access certain applications from these devices, you consent to cookies being stored on your device for the following purposes: to keep you logged in to manage the parental control PINs for analysis and advertising. These cookies are essential to the operation of the application. At present, it is not possible to deny consent to these cookies or to remove these cookies from the devices without deleting the application.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If we ask you for your consent that we may share your personal information with third parties for their own promotional purposes, and you give your consent, we will share personal information with these third parties. We only share your personal information with third parties for their own advertising purposes, if you agree with it.
If you sign up for a third-party promotion, such as a competition, raffle, or sweepstakes, your personal information will be passed on to the organizer to organize the promotion. This may also mean that your personal information will be included in a winners list.
If you submit content to a website or app, it will be published.
We share information with third parties who perform functions such as hosting and operating our website and apps, sending emails, and doing data analysis. When you make a purchase on any of our websites or apps, we share your personal information with third parties so that they can process your payment by card and place your order.
We share your personal information with other SPE companies that participate in processing data for the purposes outlined in Section 1 above. If you authorize using the login process or the Cookie Consent Tool, we will also share your personal information with other affiliates of Sony Corporation so that they may use them for direct marketing purposes.
SPE or any of its assets, including the Content, may be sold or other transactions may occur in which your personal information is considered part of the business assets of the transaction. In this case, your personal information may be transferred, either as part of the transaction or during the due diligence process.
We share information with government and law enforcement agencies and other parties involved in, or considering litigation, to perform a legal obligation, if we believe in good faith that it is required by law, or if so is necessary for us and third parties to protect our or their rights, property, safety or operational safety.
Our websites and apps are hosted and operated in the United States. Your personal information will be transferred to and processed in the United States where privacy laws may not provide the same level of protection as your home country's laws. We use standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission to protect your personal information. If you would like to have a copy of these clauses or have any other questions, please contact us . Also, if you sign up with us, we will ask for your consent to transfer your information to the United States.
- ADJUST OR REMOVE YOUR PERSONAL DATA, REGULATE ADVERTISEMENTS, OTHER DATA PROTECTION QUESTIONS AND RIGHTS
You have the right to access your personal information and, if necessary, correct, remove or restrict its processing. You may ask us to provide you or any organization you have designated with some types of personal information in a structured and machine-readable format.
You may also request that you not send promotional communications or use your personal information when profiling for direct marketing purposes. You may refuse to accept e-mail newsletters by following the instructions in these e-mails. If you sign up to receive SMS or MMS messages, you may opt-out of receiving these messages by replying to "STOP." Transaction-based account messages will remain unaffected if you refuse to consent to your promotional communications.
This Privacy and Cookie Statement applies to a number of Sony Pictures entertainment companies in conjunction with Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. (10202 W. Washington Boulevard, Los Angeles, California, 90232 USA). The company responsible for a particular website or app (the person responsible for processing the data) is listed below:
Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. If you would like further information or have any privacy concerns, please contact your local SPE office, which is listed below.
Websites and mobile apps
Land Sony-Pictures-Entertainment-Unternehmen address Austria and Germany Sony Pictures Entertainment Germany GmbH Kemperplatz 1, 10785, Berlin, Germany Belgium and the Netherlands Sony Pictures Entertainment Benelux BV Bergweg 62, 1217 SC Hilversum, The Netherlands Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia Columbia Pictures Corporation Limited Sony Pictures Europe House, 25 Golden Square, London W1f 9LU, United Kingdom Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania SPTI Networks Eastern Europe (UK) Limited Sony Pictures Europe House, 25 Golden Square, London W1f 9LU, United Kingdom France (without TV shows) Sony Pictures Entertainment France SAS 3, rue La Boetie, Paris, 75008, France France (TV Shows) Sony Pictures Television Production France (SAS) 3, rue La Boetie, Paris, 75008, France Italy Sony Pictures Entertainment Italia SRL Via Enrico Tazzoli, 6, 00195 Rome, Italy Poland Columbia Pictures Corporation Limited Sony Pictures Europe House, 25 Golden Square, London W1f 9LU, United Kingdom Portugal and Spain Sony Pictures Entertainment Iberia SLU Pedro de Valdivia, 10, Madrid 28006, Spanien United Kingdom Columbia Pictures Corporation Limited Sony Pictures Europe House, 25 Golden Square, London W1f 9LU, United Kingdom
Funimation Productions, LLC, 1200 Lakeside Parkway, Building 1, Flower Mound, Texas 75028, USA
If you would like further information or have any questions about privacy, please contact us by email at SPE_EU_Privacy_Contact@spe.sony.com or write us at the above address. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Inspectorate in the country where you reside, where you work, or in which you believe data protection has been violated - but we hope that we will assist you in any eventuality Questions or concerns about our use of your personal information may help.
- AMENDMENTS TO THIS DECLARATION
- WHO WE ARE
Responsible for the processing of personal data on this website is the
Effective Date: This Privacy and Cookie Statement was updated on 25 May 2018 and became effective on the same day.